Data engineer/Cloud engineer (AWS Lambda)
Unhedged is making sophisticated algorithmic investing super simple and accessible to everyday investors. We make investing in algorithmic trading super easy and accessible.
We are looking for a data engineer/cloud engineer that will support the CTO in continuing building the trading platform as we are approaching our first launch. Most importantly, you will bring a hardworking can-do and will figure it out mindset with attention to detail
- Designing and developing cloud based applications in AWS that are dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable
- Maintaining and further extending the trading ecosystem from data-ingestion to trade execution
- Implementing cost-control strategies
- Creating tools to analyze data for reporting
- Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
- First of all, you will bring a deep love for data and a passion for engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Expert in dealing with time-series data
- Certification as an AWS Developer/Architect is considered a plus
- Knowledge of web services, such as: API, REST.
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages, ideally Python, and C++
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.