Data Engineer/Cloud Engineer
Our start-up Unhedged is making sophisticated algorithmic investing super simple and accessible to everyday investors. We make investing in algorithmic trading super easy and accessible.
We are looking for a data engineer/cloud engineer that will support our team in continuing building our platform. Most importantly, you will bring a hardworking can-do and will figure it out mindset with attention to detail
- Designing and developing cloud based applications in AWS that are dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable
- Maintaining and further extending:
- The trading ecosystem from data-ingestion to trade execution
- The customer ecosystem to automate tasks in support of the ops team
- Creating tools to analyze data for reporting
- Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
- First of all, you will bring a deep love for data and a passion for engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience in a Cloud Engineer/Devops role or related position. Mandatory experience with AWS CodeBuild/ CodeDeploy/CodePipeline Experience.
- Mandatory experience with bash/linux scripting.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Certification as an AWS Developer/Architect is considered a plus
- Experience in developing software using languages, ideally Python
- Knowledge of web services, such as: REST API, GraphQL
- Database experience, including knowledge of Postgres, NoSQL, DynamoDB
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.